It is always stressful to arrive in a new city without knowing how to reach your destination downtown.
Here are some useful tips to get to the city center without any burden. Depending on your budget and the number of people you are travelling with, here are some useful tips to travel from Barcelona Airport, also known as Barcelona EL Prat:
In Terminal T1, as soon as you get your luggage and arrive to the arrival area, you should see a large taxi sign. From there, take the ramp down and you will find a file of taxis waiting. In Terminal T2, you will find the taxis outside section B.
- It will cost you around €30 and will take about 30 minutes to get to the city center or any destination in that area.
- Note that there are supplements for the luggage and journeys after 8 pm and weekends
- You can also check the duration and cost to your hotel with online taxi route calculator.
You can purchase tickets directly from the driver in cash (they accept maximum EUR20,00 bills), from vending machines next to the Aerobus stop or on the internet.
- Buses depart every 5 or 10 minutes from 5:35 am until 1 am.
- Tickets cost is €5.90 one-way or €10.20 return (to be used within a maximum of 10 days)
- It will take around 30 minutes to get to the city center and these buses also provide free Wi-Fi, which will help you contact people you need to if you can’t use your phone to make calls.
There are 2 trains per hour from the Airport, Terminal 2 to the Sants station and the trip is about 20 minutes long. The trains run from 5:42am to 11:38pm. Please check timetable in advance. There are free buses available to go from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2.
Tickets are EUR4,10 (one way) and can be purchased at the vending machines at the train entrance area.